On June 21, 2000, the secretary of the Air Force established the Air Force Recruiter Ribbon to recognize those officer and enlisted personnel who
perform the challenging duty of Air Force recruiting.
The Air Force Recruiter Ribbon was designed to acknowledge past, present
and future Air Force recruiters who display the extraordinary commitment and dedication required to perform this important function. The ribbon criteria for active duty, Reserve and Guard personnel are as follows:
1. Individuals will be authorized to wear the Air Force Recruiter Ribbon on a temporary basis while performing recruiting duty immediately upon graduation from Air Force Recruiting School.
2. Wear of the Air Force Recruiter Ribbon will become permanent after successful completion of 36 months of duty as an Air Force recruiter. The
Air Force Recruiting Service Commander may waive the minimum qualifying tour length if an individual cannot complete the tour for a valid reason.
3. Each additional three years of assignment as an 8R000 (enlisted recruiter special duty identifier) or 83R0 (officer special duty identifier) entitles the member to an oak leaf cluster.
4. The authorization to wear the ribbon is retroactive for any individual who
has successfully completed 36 months of duty as an Air Force recruiter and is currently on active duty or a member of a Reserve component as of the establishment date of June 21, 2000.
5. The AFRS commander may withdraw authorization to wear the ribbon for those who are eliminated from the recruiter program for disciplinary reasons.
Authorized Devices: Bronze Oak Leaf, Silver Oak Leaf